Madrone Wall - stop trying

Cobra_Commander

Yo idiots. Stop trying to climb here until it's legal.

quoted:

Hello Climbers!

Many of you have been asking about the status of the Madrone Wall, and accessing the climbing area as the Parks Master Planning process is set to begin as early as July 1st.

This site is still posted as "No Trespassing" by the Clackamas County Commissioners, and therefore is not open for any recreational use.

The County's Parks Board has allocated $40,000 to begin the Master Planning process for this site. The Master Plan could take several months to complete as they determine what this site will require to make it an official park. Over the next several months, Clackamas County Park Staff, Engineers, and other officials will be out surveying this site for parking, new trails, other potential recreation use, and establishing property boundaries.

If you are climbing out there, you may encounter Park Staff and other officials. You may be ticketed or fined for Trespassing. Please also know that residents that live along 197th across from the entrance site have complained to Clackamas County about people parking on their street and accessing the Madrone Wall site.

Sincerely,

Kellie Rice

Access Fund Regional Coordinator- Oregon

President, Madrone Wall Preservation Committee

Keith Daellenbach

Secretary/Treasurer, Madrone Wall Preservation Committee

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but all the bolts are sooooo tempting....

I know, but think end game. If we can constrain and restrain ourselves we wind up with a climbing area. If the local residents see what they percieve as a train wreck heading their way and object to the commissioners, we get nothing.

ps, I've been walking the walk. Kellie said not to climb there and I haven't. Recommend the same for everyone.

Edited by billcoe

• 2 months later...
they need to do a few napalm runs on the poison oak in my opinion

If you are thinking that way, just do it an do it now before it's open and a big deal. Keep it low and off the net. See the what do you think of bolts on Crack Warrior thread at Rocky Butte for instance. Some would prefer the oak.

Once time, Nick Dodge brought his sprayer to hit the stuff out at Horsethief Butte. Someone disagreed and called a ranger who showed up in hot pursuit to stop the action. Pretty bizarre I thought.