Mountaineering Boots W/width sizing

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vasque H2's have that Outlast crap in them, so they don't insulate real well. But, the wide EE size sure makes for a comfy fit with my fat dogs. Standard step-in compatible Vibram Clusaz isn't stealth rubber, but it is as good as any other boot sole I've used. You might check Sierra trading post for a sale if interested. I saw 'em for about 2 bills not long ago.

TG,

Let me know what you find out about leather climbing boots as I'm in the market now and have duck feet (9 1/2 EE to EEE). I use Scarpa Invernos for plastic boots and they've treated me very well, though my observation of Scarpas in general (T2s and rock shoes) is that they are cut a little narrow (I haven't looked at them for a few years though, so they may have started designing for the American foot). I took my Invernos to an alpine ski shop and had them heat-stretched out a little on the sides before I went to Denali just to make sure I came back with all digits. It worked.

Good Luck,

W