Giving away old climbing stuff - PDX

RogerJ

I've managed to accumulate some stuff over the years that I don't use and cannot get rid of it on Craig's List, The Yard Sale etc. I'd like to do some spring cleaning and find a home for old boots, an ice axe, etc.

Is there some non-profit group that has an outdoor program that would take this? I am less concerned with the $$ than finding a good home. A tax deduction would be nice though.

I appreicate any help.

-r

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bug! Kind of you to consider us.

RogerJ, we are a non-profit organization, and we do have newbies that could use gear. Our nascent gear library could use a boost. We are not, however, 501c3, so cannot help you re tax man. I notice you are in Portland, so that would be another obstacle.

Anyway, thanks again Bug!

I know tha there is an "Explorer Post" climbing organization for youths in the PDX area -- not sure of their exact contact info -- but I know they're always grateful for donations!

If you don't give the gear to the Bushwackers, the Explorer Post in PDX is affiliated with the Mazamas.

RogerJ the Explorer post is not affiliated with the Mazamas anymore (that is another story). However if you wait a couple of days my buddie who is out of town helps out with them will be back and I can get some contact info for you. PM me if you woudl like that info.

Indeed, there is an active "Explorer Post" group in the Portland-area (technically we are classified as a "Venture Crew"). We currently have about 35 teenage members and 20 adult advisors. Find out more at: www.post58.org

We are always grateful to receive gear donations... there are lots of youths out there ready to climb!