2 examples why I like to tote guns

sheaf_stout

If we're going to scrap the Second Amendment, why not scrap the First too? We don't really need the 4th, 5th, 6th or 8th, either. What the hell, let's just say fuck it and scrap the whole damn constitution? 8D :grlaf:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

An 11 year old who killed two men is going to need a little counseling.

I've been told that a shotgun is the business for home defense. I suspect playing a little pocket recorder with the sound of pump shotgun being racked would make an intruder scramble for the door.

I'll bet the parents are happier to pay for a counselor than for a casket.

it's been a steady erosion for decades

being given to overly abstract thinking processes, i once found myself drawing parallels between current US history and the dissolution of the Roman Republic. it started with the observation in much them same way that the ancient greeks developed a culture and political system that was copied and exported to the world by the romans when their empire overshadowed the greeks, the US had copied english culture and politics and was now spreading it around the world.

likewise i started thinking how the roman republic dissolved under the weight of greed, militarism, and corruption; giving way to the roman empire - that maybe the US was headed the same way. i also started thinking how in ancient rome the constitution gave way around the same time gladitorial conquests became big in the colliseums as a means of public distraction, and i draw a parallel to television and it's influence on modern american life.

but then i started thinking i was just having crazy thoughts.

Suppose the 1st ammendment said this:

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now suppose, the second ammendment said this:

The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Neither of these ideas were intended.

it's been a steady erosion for decades

being given to overly abstract thinking processes, i once found myself drawing parallels between current US history and the dissolution of the Roman Republic. it started with the observation in much them same way that the ancient greeks developed a culture and political system that was copied and exported to the world by the romans when their empire overshadowed the greeks, the US had copied english culture and politics and was now spreading it around the world.

likewise i started thinking how the roman republic dissolved under the weight of greed, militarism, and corruption; giving way to the roman empire - that maybe the US was headed the same way. i also started thinking how in ancient rome the constitution gave way around the same time gladitorial conquests became big in the colliseums as a means of public distraction, and i draw a parallel to television and it's influence on modern american life.

but then i started thinking i was just having crazy thoughts.

very true. and yes you are nuts ;)