Advertising Free city

olyclimber

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crazy...Sao Paulo bans all advertising billboards, etc.

Wow...wish they would do that here.

How would you know that you need car insurance, the amount of the Lotto jackpot, or where to buy a mattress?

think, Kev, think

Edit: you'd better fix your sig line, Oly, and properly attribute the quote to the Hathaway Mustache Ride Co.

Edited by Dechristo

Advertising basically subsidizes a lot of the frills we all enjoy. Want to do something different? Then support this.

There is legislation about to be enforced that will be a death knell for internet radio as we know it today. I have attached a letter from the founder of Pandora (a very cool radio service that we will soon be partnered with) asking for your help in signing a petition to recind this aggregious legislation. Without boring you with all the details, I can say I've reviewed the new pay structure to the music publishers and its gratuitous to say the least. For example, I have created 22 pandora channels/stations that I listen to on a regular basis, with the new law Pandora has to pay $500 per year per station...that means Pandora will be paying $11,000 per year to keep me as a user.

This unfortunatley is typical of the old media guard within the music industry trying to control a users behavior rather than embracing it and finding creative solutions to expand revenue. They're burning down the village in order to save it.

Please take some time to read this. If it strikes a chord and you feel this is something that is wrong and should be corrected, please sign and send to as many folks as you can.

I'm now getting off my soap box.

Thanks,

Archie

http://capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/issues/alert/?alertid=9631541

Advertising basically subsidizes a lot of the frills we all enjoy.

That only happened after our federal government surrendered the people's airwaves to private interests.

There is enough bandwidth for everyone. I believe people should have their choice to listen to public or private radio whenever they so choose.