Subaru tires?

chris

My left rear tire on a 2000 Forester needs to be replaced, but the shop I went to for a new alignment says I need to buy a complete set of 4. Is this true? The front tires are newer - a shop in Bishop didn't have any problems only selling me a pair.

Can I save some cash by buying only a rear set, or will it cause more problems later?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My left rear tire on a 2000 Forester needs to be replaced, but the shop I went to for a new alignment says I need to buy a complete set of 4. Is this true? The front tires are newer - a shop in Bishop didn't have any problems only selling me a pair.

Can I save some cash by buying only a rear set, or will it cause more problems later?

i had this issue with my forester. they sold me a new front pair, and said coupling with my older rear pair was fine (subaru awd is supposedly the most tolerant system out there).

then later i heard the tolerance is 3/32 of an inch. since my difference was way more than that, i was worried i had ruined my awd. but when i went in, they checked my differential and said everything was fine (scoped it for bad noises). i put probably 20,000 miles on it with different sized fronts and rears.

in the future, i'll stick to tolerance limits, just so i don't worry about it!