Black Diamond Betamid

Beck

Just a note to all that the new tent from BD ROCKS!! 2.2 pounds of dual pyramid tent that sleeps two and sets up on your trekking poles- think of two smaller versions of the Megamid joined in the center- it is the BOMBSHELTER that is a fast and light school's wet dreams!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the BOMBSHELTER (made by Bibler) and although it is fast it is far from light. I think it weighs in at around 9 pounds with poles. But it truly is the bomb.

That said, I have the Megamid and for alpine camping I love the thing. No need for the pole that came with it as you can use your ski pole. Purdy cool.

• 1 year later...
little bit of a thread creep .....

Along the lines of a Betamid, has anyone used the Integral Designs Silshelter? At 16.5 oz's it's half the weight of the Betamid.

The betamid only sleeps one. Look for the new improved version of the mega and beta mids. They are constructed out of a lighter fabric. Should be hitting the shelves soon.

The betamid only sleeps one. Look for the new improved version of the mega and beta mids. They are constructed out of a lighter fabric. Should be hitting the shelves soon.

So the old ones should be on closeout soon - sweet!

Do you know how much the weight reduction is going to be?

well, the black diamond betamid rocks! and even more so, now that i installed two tunnel vents at each peak of the betamid. one kilogram minimum weight. I just bought a sub one pound shelter that may be a way

better option than the betamid- it even comes with two tunnel vents, standard!