ID MK3

letsroll

I have decided I want to pick up an MK3. Largest version cause I am on the tall side of things. I also like the fact that it is free standing and seems or looks to be vented better than the bibler tents (but also larger for weight). I have a question about an option. The second door. Do people get this?? I was considering it so that you place the back end in a hollowed out snowdrift and have a nice place to cook. Also it gives you more options to get out of tent. If I don't get the second door then I can get the tent now rather than in a month or so.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cook out the front, pee out the back

Wrong way. Cook in the back and pee out the front. It's a hell of a lot easier to crawl over pee-snow than a stove.

"You're both wrong. If I can travel 900 miles in a car without stopping for teh bathroom, you can certainly make it through the night."

astro2.jpg

I've never seen the need for two doors yet as long as the first one is big enough. Just extra zipper weight.

I have an ID MK3 and only have one door - I've never had a problem. I think getting a lightweight tent and then beefing up the weight with a second door defeats the purpose.

As for peeing... piss in your pee bottle, dump it outside the tent.... that way you never even have to get out of your bag.