Soft Shell Pants for Tall People

WageSlave

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out www.beyondfleece.com. They do custom stuff based on your measurments. What I've seen has been good stuff, and not really that much extra $$ for it. You can customize your options too (different pockets, etc). I haven't got anything from them yet but I've been meaning too. Does anyone know any other companies who make stuff for us long torso short leg folks (35x29 or so?)?

I'm 6'7" and have a 33" waist. I feel your pain. I found a pair of old northface softshells in a consignment store that sort of fit, maybe they still make em. Otherwise sew fabric on the bottom of a pair of mediums or get the larger pair tailored. Lankyness has it's drawbacks, garrrr. Why do companys think that tall people are always fat? I've never seen these 6'6" 400LBS people that actually fit into those XXL or XL outdoor athletic wear clothes...

Edited by salbrecher

I second the recommendation to look at Mammut. I'm not that tall (6'), but I'm really skinny (155lbs), and I've never found a pair of medium or large pants that fit me (the medium is too short, the large is too fat).

With Mammut, you can get any combination of waist and inseem you'd like.