Grivel G 14

jmace

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee

Like many retailers, we guarantee our products; if an item hasn't met your expectations, you can bring it back. Unlike most retailers, we also guarantee the product selection advice offered through our catalogue, website, and staff; if an item you've purchased based on this advice turns out to be unsuitable, you can bring it back. In either case, simply return the item for exchange, refund, repair, or credit.

Yeah, there was a thread I started cuz I was having the same difficulty with my Grivel AirTech pons: :crosseye:

Though I tried using vise-grips and other fancy stuff, I actually ended up having to file away small portions of the flanged tips of the bail; I know they fit in somehow initially, but I was just unable to line up the bail with the slots in a way to get the damn thing out. I haven't had a problem with the bail's stability since adjusting the size.

I get mine off with a claw hammer - just line up the bail to the correct orientation, and then slip the hammer under and pry. After one side comes out, the otehr is relatively easy. It's a pain, but not nearly so bad as requiring filing and vises and whatnot. I've found this to be the easiest way to adjust the G14 bails.

Using the crampon strap definitely did not provide enough leverage.

WEll, I emailed Grivel North America about the issue and they actually emailed me back with instructions on how to do it, then they emailed me again and wanted to make sure I was able to accomplish it!!

Awesome customer service!!

So if your havin problems just give them a shout