Pink all alone.

kevbone

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember pink being pretty clean-cut last time (the only time) I ran into him out there a few years back. Ran into you at the top of fear of, which you were belaying cussing jim up lil wing/fear link-up. Thanks for the route recommendations.

From the "Rescue on Mt. Hood" thread on Supertopo 12/20-21:

"Drove my daughter to school early this morning just as the sun was breaking and to the West over PDX was a glorious full pink rainbow, which I have never seen in all my years. Only the red part of the spectrum was visible in such low light, and it was in near full spectrum by the time I dropped her off, but there it lingered just pink and red for the longest time as if to say goodbye and all be well..."

Last night my brother, a physics professor, told me he was driving his daughters to school, and described the same sunrise and rainbow. He said it was like nothing he'd ever seen before, and that he felt it was a farewell message to the families and friends that "all would be well". Afterwards I was stunned when I saw the above post.

I am no climber, but have been reading this blog over the past few days. You are an extraordinary community.

I seem to remember pink being pretty clean-cut last time (the only time) I ran into him out there a few years back. Ran into you at the top of fear of, which you were belaying cussing jim up lil wing/fear link-up. Thanks for the route recommendations.

right on, that was a while ago when i ran into you . i cut that rats nest off. i got sick of being profiled as some dirtbag climber. your welcome on the route recommendations and hope to bump into you next summer when i visit.happy new year.