Seven Summits in 187 days

Don_Serl

Did I miss this as an earlier post? If not, here's the link:

http://www.outdoornewswire.com/v/current/htdocs/etc/sa.php/63617465676f72794c6162656c3d436c696d62696e67266c6f636174696f6e3d323030362f31322f313136353236313632392672737349643d34323537

It's easy to shrug, or to 'diss' the accomplishment as a media play - so much is, these days. But Dan's actually a great, low-key guy, and he's been out there knocking around hard for a very long time. Good going, says I... Not easy to imagine how to do it faster, actually.

(Maybe that's the one negative about a 'record' - it provokes others to try to break it, simply because the 'record' exists...)

Cheers,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed/record is completely irrelevant as its basically just a function of commitment, conditioning and a lot of spare $. I'm curious whether he took the time to savour each of his summits or whether he just banged them off like a bunch of projects/shopping list.

The speed/record is completely irrelevant as its basically just a function of commitment, conditioning and a lot of spare $. I'm curious whether he took the time to savour each of his summits or whether he just banged them off like a bunch of projects/shopping list.

Regardless, he was climbing for 6 months. Sounds like "fun" to me. Kudo's!

There are still plenty of other mountains out there to climb. Wish I had the time, money, conditioning and the ability to do it.

I absolutely agree it is an impressive accomplishment; however, when you stuff in seven peaks of that size into 6 months I really wonder how much "fun" it was. I would have been happy with any one of them in a given year and I certainly would have made sure I savored every bit of it - perhaps I'm trapped in my own paradigm and can't quite grasp trying to stuff so much into such a short period of time.