Open your fly for me

archenemy

My S/O's 88 yr-old mother used to go flyfishing from her cabin in Blue River(OR). She'd catch three fish each time, one for her cat, one for her dog, and one for herself. She's given us her old tacklebox/poles. Some treasures in there, for sure.

She also was a climber, summitting several mountains in her day, and flew tow-target planes for the WWII boys to shoot at.

Her poetry is what I use as my signature lines.

She's an inspiring example of a life well-lived.

Congrats on the graduation, Arch. Fish on! :tup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My S/O's 88 yr-old mother used to go flyfishing from her cabin in Blue River(OR). She'd catch three fish each time, one for her cat, one for her dog, and one for herself. She's given us her old tacklebox/poles. Some treasures in there, for sure.

She also was a climber, summitting several mountains in her day, and flew tow-target planes for the WWII boys to shoot at.

Her poetry is what I use as my signature lines.

She's an inspiring example of a life well-lived.

Congrats on the graduation, Arch. Fish on! :tup:

It is so amazing to hear stories of what the generation before us accomplished. It is also sort of humbling--it's easy to think we are such groundbreakers. But on the other hand, it is comforting to know that we are following in someone else's footsteps.

Thanks for the congrats; I wish I were actually good at the tying, but maybe with another thirty years experience I may be able to produce something worth a bite ;)

It is so amazing to hear stories of what the generation before us accomplished. It is also sort of humbling--it's easy to think we are such groundbreakers. But on the other hand, it is comforting to know that we are following in someone else's footsteps.

Thanks for the congrats; I wish I were actually good at the tying, but maybe with another thirty years experience I may be able to produce something worth a bite ;)

Humbling for sure. It seems we can easily find greatness in those who have gone before us and easily imagine it in those who will come after us, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to find it in ourselves.(That last part, not always so easy.. :crazy:)

Here's one of her fishin' poems:

" DEAD WEIGHT

Heavier and heavier, these trout

I shoulder home

After a day upstream;

How dear the while,

Our little time in the swim--

mine to me and theirs,

no doubt, to them."

A. Thomas