[TR] Red Rocks - Resolution Arete 11/26/2006

layton

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a guy who did Epinepherine, Lev 29, AND Cloud Tower in a single day...which was also his 1st day at Red Rocks. Now that's fast.

ivo and renon?

nice trip report! it's nice to read about some great adventures.

That was Renon.

The Resolution Arete doesn't have great rock...as Mike said, it is an adventure climb. I think the dynamic of our group is what made it so fun.

My favorite route in RR is currently Birdhunter Buttress. But don't go there if you're not used to RR rock or if you're worried about old bolts. Currently the route has a sold R rating due to bolt quality. But we're hoping to get some new bolts on it in the near future...

Jason

What everyone has said is pretty much right on. R A has some Ok pitches combined with complete sandy choss. The route can go suprisingly fast if you are willing to simul-climb large sections. The descent is quite long, I think it took us about as long as the route.

this was more than 10 years ago, but i think we unroped for the top portion conserdering the lack of pro and rotten rock. i got lucky with a good partner who was not a ball hog.

Pink, didnt you do Epi car to car in six hours?

bottom to top. with some guy from israel who was pretty much a euro who hated everybody who wasn't jewish. i could have climbed it much faster with a less arrogant partner.

What everyone has said is pretty much right on. R A has some Ok pitches combined with complete sandy choss. The route can go suprisingly fast if you are willing to simul-climb large sections. The descent is quite long, I think it took us about as long as the route.

you just hit the wrong gulley. wrong turn man. i think it took us maybe two hours to get down. we got super lucky.

Community Pillar has one 5.9 section on first pitch = a squeeze (more like 5.7 if you're under 150 lbs) and the rest is <5.8 with some runouts on wide stuff. 3/5 stars at best.

entertaining TR on Lady Wilson's C:

here

Edited by fgw