Up for a quick dash up Beacon tomorrow (Sunday)

JosephH

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got out three times last week (Monday, Thursday, Friday). All three days were blowing east hard. It was 29 degrees on Monday, about 40 on Thursday, and back down in the 30's Friday. Snow and ice was heavy everywhere Monday but gone by the end of the week. Last Friday you knew it was going to hell in general as the wind was steady 40-50 with gusts to 60 up on the corner ridge. Yeah, it's cold but I have a pretty good system down with layering, fingerless gloves, and those air-activated heating pouches. You just have to jam and keep moving. Brisk, but I can't quite get my head around the gym while it's still open. Good for you guys getting out down there.

Bummer news from Hood...

Got back a bit ago and just heard. It was a zero wind day out Beacon - sunny and mid-September-like on the South face and the rock was warm. Had to shuck hat, gloves, coat, etc. and was still sweating. Anyone that can should play hooky Monday and hit it while it's like this...

Condolences to the climber's family...

Young girl with a three-minute old, one post history....

I think I have to check with my Wife, a forum moderator, and a lawyer before someone my age can respond to your [troll and droll] post. But does it ever dawn on you these avatars you keep creating might actually be the real you? At the very least they authentically reflect your level of maturity if not the gender-specific anatomy of your always evident lack of courage.

Young girl with a three-minute old, one post history....

I think I have to check with my Wife, a forum moderator, and a lawyer before someone my age can respond to your [troll and droll] post. But does it ever dawn on you these avatars you keep creating might actually be the real you? At the very least they authentically reflect your level of maturity if not the gender-specific anatomy of your always evident lack of courage.

Thats pretty funny Joe!

I bet it was freezing ass cool out there!