[TR] wing ridge - 12/2/2006

fheimerd

Trip: wing ridge -

Date: 12/2/2006

Trip Report:

Drove over to wing ridge this last weekend. 6hours from p-town with icy roads out east. I've been out there four or five times over the last couple of years and every time blue skies and light snow. Coverage was a bit thin down low but north facing bowls and ridge flanks were in excellent shape with 1 ft of light snow. No wind, no crust only a light light dust. It was bouncy bouncy all the way down on every run. Camped out on the ridge. Skied till about 8:00 pm under natures answer to the question of night skiing and then woke up at dawn to ski some more. The whole time we were there we only saw one other group of enterprising skiers. They were having so much fun on thier first turns of the season it was great to watch.

Great weekend

pics to come.

Gear Notes:

winter camping and ski

Approach Notes:

a few hours

IMG_0338.JPGIMG_0333.JPGglade1_1_.JPGIMG_0328.JPG

Edited by fheimerd

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice turns!

I wondered if the Wallowas got as much snow... anyone else notice that the Aneroid Snotel site isn't reporting snow depth? The Mt. Howard site must get all the snow blown off it.

Kurt - I'm in CdA now, but I'll be looking to head that way, too.