Secrets. . . shhhhhh

texplorer

Ask Mark Ashworth, the Tvedt's, the Fralick brothers, or talk to Bill the next time you see him at the columns. I hear rumors of new areas going up, but people simply are not willing to share... [Frown][Frown]

There's a number of stuff south of Eugene. The cimber's Guide to Southwest Oregon is the best source. If you're lookin for sport, there is a plethora of opportunity for bolt clipping at the Callahan's just outside of Roseburg.

Locally, no one talks much about the Buddha Spires located in the Fall Creek vicinity. I've never made it out there, but the rock is like a welded mudstone. All the climbs are bolted sport routes. My understanding is that there isn't a lot of route development, but there is a ton of potential!

Oh, and I'm sure you already know about Bill Soule's place...

Two oftenly overlooked Willamette Valley classics are Wolf Rock and the Menagerie. Wolf Rock (the largest freestanding face in Oregon-I believe) is mostly adventure climbing, but it does have some bolted face And the Menagerie is ALL TRAD!

Keep your ear to the ground! And feel free to share your findings... [Wink]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic