smith in spring

sk

Anna and I went to smith this weekend. I forgot my handsome Rope Gun at home( left him with the kids [big Grin] ) So we were on our own. We drove threw snow, rain, and finaly hit sun on the other side of the montains. Weather as PERFECT all weekend!!! Anna Hiked my ass of. We climed like mad women, Got on some burley climbes on the student wall. My fave was "big man on campus" great crack!!!! shared our camp site... Got oggeled by burly climber man while doing morning yoga,Climed again, only not like mad woman this time, more like so sore woman, can't move..oooowwwweeee, We drank beer, laughed, I fell alot, and poor Anna had to continualy wate for me while I brushed the dirt off my bum. We walked arround and watched this guy climb right near chainreaction. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I totaly had the opertunity to challenge myself, and remember why I love to climb, to feel fear, and over come it. To knock the hell out of myself and move on. I learned, I had a GREAT time. What did you all do ??? [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

[ 04-29-2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: sk ]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know where I was....getting spanked on Astro Bunny!!! You did awesome SK! Let's do it again....I had a lot of fun. Yah, Mister Old School on Heinous Cling was an amazing climber-even downclimbed da shit, truly graceful! What a couple of gapers we are, eh? [laf] ...well, not that the scenery was all that bad! My arms are so wasted!!!

a friend and i were climbing at smith friday through sunday. god, was the weather incredible yesterday!!! that was my first time down there, and it was all good ... though my fingers sure are swollen today. (!) there were a lot of really good climbers to watch, and i don't think i saw one soul that wasn't enjoying him or herself. my favorite climbs were the ones we finished out saturday and sunday with: phoenix and cosmos.

ps - saturday night we went to dinner at some "roadhouse" in redmond. there are peanut shells all over the floor and that steak was the perfect end to a helluva long day of climbing fun. mmm.