117 members have voted

1. 1. My current political party affiliation is:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In Washington you must pick a party if you want your vote to count. You cannot vote for a Republican in one race and a Democrat in another. If you don't pick a party you can still vote for unaffiliated candidates or in non-partisan races.

But I could vote in the Republican Party primary this year and the Democratic Party primary next year. And it wouldn't matter whether my voter registration card said Democrat or Republican. Back in Massachusetts, for the primaries, you requested a particular ballot when you walked in, so you couldn't make the mistake that lots of folks in Washington made last month.

so you couldn't make the mistake that lots of folks in Washington made last month.

Props to Mass. election officials who made a fail-safe system that people couldn't screw up with their own stupidity.

Did anybody not see that coming? I mean, sure, we all heard about the idiots in Florida who couldn't figure out their ballots, but we're smarter than that, right? No, there was still a surprisingly large number of ballots rejected, and I dare say most were not informed voters simply using a purposely mis-marked ballot as a protest against the system. Whatever. If you're too stupid to read the directions, then you may not register an IQ worthy of deserving a vote. Granted, some may not have the written English skillz to decipher the directions, but those people are still responsible to have it interpreted or look stuff up in a foreign-english dictionary.