Psoas, like Sore Ass

Toast

Lower back actually. Whatever the case, it's fucking with me. once I get fatigued, I can't stand erect, and I have stabbing bolts intermittantly. It really blows goats mad.gif

I'd hit my chiropractor up for a quick adjustment, but it's Sunday. Anybody familiar with the Psoas and know some exercises/stretches to relax it? As Ween would say, help me.

2712Psoas.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Psoas is easy to stretch, and an adjustment may help, but it needs to be stripped (rough massage) and actively stretched.

Here are the two best streches for Psoas

Do a lunge with the knee on the side that hurts pointing to the floor, but have your legs a bit more spread apart than a usual lunge. Press your hips foreward, keep your back straight. Raising your arm on the affected side helps to legnthen it.

Option two...on a bed.

Sit on your butt bones on the extreme edge of the bed. Grab your need to your chest on the non-affected side. Lay back carefully onto your back so your affected leg dangles off the bed. Have someone press down on your affected leg while you press up for 5-7 secs. Relax, repeat-getting a deeper stretch each time.