Leavenworth

specialed

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I'm staying at home too. I need to hone my predicting the future skills so I can help others plan their climbing weekends.

When I'm done with my forecast of what routes will be free at Leavenworth at 3pm Saturday I'm going to work on the condition of the bergshrund on the Liberty Ridge fpr 7am Sunday.

hmmm - reminds me of something I was thinking about a while ago - getting payed for providing recent beta! Kind of like some people have posted here wanting to pay someone to hump their gear up to Camp Muir.

Some rich guy could pay someone to go check out , say, how consolidated the snow is leading up to Liberty Bell Beckey route, will they need snowshoes tomorrow, and how much snow is left on the route? Checking the condition of hte Lib Ridge bergschrund would obviously be more expensive, though for a lower rate, you could just hike up to lower Curtis Ridge and take some telephoto shots of the bergscrhund to give to your 'employer'.

Probably not a huge market for this though :-)