Lake Constance

Fairweather

Carried Mt Bikes past the washout today and rode to the Lake Constance trailhead. Hiked up to the lake which is completely snow free. (And frozen) Not even a patch. Looks like Inner Constance has snow down to about 6500 feet. I suspect the same for Constance.

I think Constance is probably "doable" right now. Maybe next weekend?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We carried our bikes on a new trail that goes above the washout on the way up. Fairly easy. On the way back, we descended to the river and easily carried our bikes throught the washout section. This later route is easier. The washout is HUGE. It will take many trailpark $$$ to repair. The ride from here is just over 3 miles, not too steep, to the Lake Constance trailhead.

• 4 weeks later...

That "trail" is such a classic grin.gif

The only time I was there, January 2001 I think, we got 12-18" of snow dumped on us overnight. I woke up and my first thought (deep within my sleeping bag) was oops, must have overslept. Then when I got more conscious I thought that it was so dark in the tent that it must be before sunrise. So woo-hoo! Still have a chance for a reasonably early start to the climb! I got all excited and it was only when I bumped my head against the tent fabric that I realized we were buried, hahaha. It turned out to be something like 10 o'clock, we were dead tired after fighting up the "trail" with camping gear the night before and had just slept and slept. Didn't dare venturing very far up "Avalanche Valley" or whatever it is called, either, not with all the new snow.