Free Self Rescue Clinic

Lambone

For anyone interested there are a few spots left for the FREE self rescue clinic at the Rockfest in Leavenworth. This is more than a promotion, this is usefull knowledge, for Free!

You will learn and practice systems that will enable a smooth and effecient (if there is such a thing)escape off a multipitch climb.

We will also go over some systems that are usefull in crevase rescue such as Z- pulley systems and such. But, the clinic will focus on rock rescue basics. Well do what we can in three hours or so.

Please feel free to post any questions. Or spray away, we'll make more.

Leave your cell phone in the car! Learn how to get off a route on your own. Please register with Feathered Friends.

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 05-31-2001).]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question folks, that might be usefull information huh!

The clinics start at 2:00 and go through 5:00 on Saturday June 9th. We might be able to go a little past five if folks want to.

We plan to meet at the eight-mile butress.

The most recent course I took in self rescue consited of two full eight hour days of intensive knot tieing and system set ups. So I am going to try and pick the most usefull and basic concepts to fit into our three hours. By all means it will be a good start for anyone who is new to self rescue.

Please contact Feathered Friends for more specific details about the Rockfest. If you have more questions about the rescue clinic please feel free to ask. Thanks alot.

-Matt

That's the Imabone I know. I just feel terrible 'bout last night. I was reading through that crap in "We're So Sorry", trying to figure out where the mutual joking, yo-mama-type jabbing turned so sour. Somebody said something that hurt your feelings and, well, if it was I, then let me just say it wasn't my intent. Anyway, I don't want to make an enemy out of somebody I've never met, and if my "arrogant" attitude (I swear I was just trying to be funny) is getting in the way of you attempting to see why bolting is evil, then I hope we get to meet and have a civil discussion without all the posturing. I'd like to attend your self-rescue clinic but the wife's got me doing yard work. So, do me a favor and say hello to an old friend: tell Jason Mikos that some a-hole named "pope" says hello to "the boy idiot".

Yo pope, suck it!

Naw, just kiddin' man. The rant was all my fault. I am just not very good about picking up on sarcasm. The issue that I was adressing is one that has bothered me since I began climbing 13 years ago. It's not about bolts, it's about attitudes. But it isn't fair to pin it on you guys. Like you said, we don't even know each other.

Anyway, spray on 'cause it makes life interesting. And I'd still like to know if Donna can really top step. If so I'd be pretty damn impressed. I'm sure you two used to play some fun games with aiders!!

It's funny 'cause you're not the first person I've heard who's promoting the idea that trad climbers are guilty of condescension. Most guys I know who are against bolts are disgusted by what they see, and perhaps vocal about the fact, but I don't see them as big ego trippers. And remember, even if we were a bunch of arrogant A-pipes, bolts are still trashy...I sometimes think bolt drillers continually bring up this perceived trad-climbers "attitude problem" because they think it diminishes their own guilt.

Mr. Iambone...

Sorry, young man, you don't stand a chance. I've read your posts and you're really too high strung for me and even if you weren't, I'm not terribly interested in dating climbers. Maybe my girlfriend "Big Wall Erika" would find you entertaining but at the moment she's more interested in training than boys. And in your case, you sound like a boy she would have to train. Sorry, never played with any "aiders" with "pope". The bumbling fool can't even set up a portaledge without DROPPING ITS STUFF BAG!!! I'm afraid that I also share most of the Trad opinions of those other guys so I suspect we wouldn't get along very well. Oh well....good luck on your search for that perfect alpine-babe!

- Donna

P.S. Yes, I CAN topstep with the best of them and if I'm going for a long reach, it ain't for "pope"!