RMI Guides

scottgg

I ran into some old co-workers last week, and I was wondering what the consensous was on these chaps. Most of them are great people, and a few of them are great climbers, but what say you pundits?

Quick story to get the ball rolling:

Two fellow guides showed up to work monday morning chatting about their weekend "private climb". Most of the guides head out to Tieton for their days off, but these two studs had their collective eyes on snow creek wall, specifically the classic outer space hellno3d.gif!! Anyway, they had an epic, and though I am sure they had a good reason, it currently escapes me.

Thoughts and or/similar experiences?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yo! the consensous iz that this be DA THREAD to bust a nut all over yourself if you is a guide. you seem to be hatin' on outer space, but I've been in plenty a black hole out there son! (don't tell britney!)

but KFed ain't got to advertise. jealous?

the following is stuff i heard from this guy who tried out for RMI a few years ago:

all they care about is physical fitness and how interpersonally outgoing you are. they don't care about climbing experience or ability because they will teach you how to slog tourons up the dog routes in a few days anyway, it's pretty basic stuff. it may be better for RMI if you are inexperienced because some of their ways are different from most alpiners and they won't have to unteach you.

physical fitness is measured by a race from paradise to camp muir - they rank order.

my friend probably didn't get the job for his lack of charisma - he's a cynical sarcastic sob much like myself. you have to be able to say ~dude~ and wasabe! with conviction.

ergo many RMI guides are hardasses, many are not, many are somewhere in between, and that's just a guess.

Since when did "wasabi" become a catch-phrase?

see urban dictionary mister spellmiester:

4. Wasabi

A greeting, similar to Wassup or What's Up, that can be used between friends

Bill: Wasabi, George?

George: oh not too much, just finished my homework, you?

tags what's up hows it going what are you doing? hello

5. wasabi

(wa-sa-BEEEEE) greeting to a stranger to show you think they're hot, without having to say "i think you are hot."

alternative to wassup

(wa-SA-be) greeting to a friend who's looking hot.

out at a bar with friends: "Wasabi, girl/boy"

getting ready to go out: "wasabi, girlfriend"

tags wasabee wasahbe on fire hi