kyagpa!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty doubtful KY&*(%*^$whatever:

Go find a map and route description.

One way takes a boat ride, the other way is 21 miles from TH to summit. I guess that makes, oh, 42 miles round trip. Most trail joggers don't like vertical brushwhacks, and there is a bit of that getting to the lake below X-tree col. (Banded approach)

Sound like a fun day. I'd rather use a bench grinder to mutilate my feet, personally.

I suppose it would be good training for a one-day climb of Challenger rolleyes.gif

-t

[This message has been edited by terrible ted (edited 09-04-2001).]

Yeah I meant from car to car in a day and I am very familliar with three of the aproaches and was thinking that the best way might be up and over easy pass down to fischer creek up and down the douglas glacier and then back up over easy pass.What do you think? As for the the people who care to respond with lame comments instead of usefull suggestions nobody cares to read that stuff but yourselves so please dont waste space and other peoples time thanks!

I attempted it from Thunder creek, up to the lake that terrible ted mentions. I don't recommend doing it that way. I think it was 9 hours and sixteen miles from car to lake (you could probably beat our time by several hours with a lighter pack, but still).

Never gone over Easy Pass, but it sounds shorter.

In an effort to come up with a original name I chose something of great interest to me and used its Tibetan word, How did you come up with your cascadeclimbers name? Didnt expect it to get so much attention but hey whatever floats your boat. I,m not used to my user name being made fun of, so my appology if I havent chosen a good name. Thank you to all that posted usefull responses to the actual question. Oh yeah and lambone you should try to get out more the vertical world attitude seems to be permanently imbeded in your posts!

Well you know how it is, people like to make fun of what they don't understand. So-what does the name meen in Tibetan? Better yet, how do yo pronounce it!? Just curious... Mine was a nickname that my partners from Montana used.

Actually I have had quite a nice summer, thanks. Starting tommorow, I got six days off to go get busy up north. If you meen my sarcastic attitude, well sorry I upset you so much, don't take it personaly.

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 09-05-2001).]

I will deffinitly post my trip report but it may not be untill next year. I want to be in marathon shape before I try it and I'll do my best not to bivy but its deffinitly a possibility. Thank you so much fo telling me about your trip, this was exactlly the type of info I was looking for.

back on topic... i've done logan via easy pass/douglas glacier (i posted a trip report here that's probably still around), in may on skis, and i've hiked parts of that trail in the summer. might go in a day, but real long. lets see, hiking fast, you can get to easy pass in around 2 hours, another 2-3 downhill to get to the valley below the douglas (is that thunder creek? anyway, it's below thunder peak...) but then you gotta bushwack uphill quite a ways, and the valley is pretty swampy and foliated. in may on skis, we were *barely* able to navigate through the slide alder springing up around us, i imagine it's a real slog without snow covering it all. so lets say 4 hours of bushwacking to the basin below the douglas. moving pretty well on skis, we went from the basin to the summit in 4 hours, but came down probably a lot faster than you would be on foot, so lets say 6-7 hours round trip from the basin. bushwacking down probably not much faster than going up, say 3 hours, then 3-5 hours to get back up the trail to easy pass and back down. hmmm, let me add that up... well, at minimum 21 hours, so maybe it'd go. a lot of elevation gain and some bushwacking. The trail times might be a bit optimistic, esp. towards the end of the day. I guess the only way to know it it'd go is to try it, eh? Good luck and post a report (telling us how the unplanned bivy went...) when you get back.