• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpinistAndrew

Winter Skiing in MRNP

I guess you can call it glade skiing, if you miss the trail at the bottom of Little Richards, go right. If you ski down Kempers, expect pain in the form of waterfalls, slabs and tight trees as you near the road.

Good answer. Next time I will choose my words more carefully. tongue.gif

Off hand does any body know the change in elevation between the top of crystal and were you emerge on 410?

confused.gif

I've only spent a couple days at Crystal but we skied down towards 410 and climbed back out. It sounds like this is a lot like the CakeHole on Whistler. It's possible to ski out w/o a snowmobile but much faster and enjoyable if you get a sled tow out.

I might have to find out.

One of my favorite tours of all time is to skin up chair 4 at Crystal to Henskin Lake and continue up to the threeway exit chute and up and over the ridge to Crystal Lake for some lunch and nature sit. By the way, I have seen some rather awesome ice on the north side of crystal peak that deserves ssome further recon work. If you like, take chair 6 up to the top of campbell basin and traverse over to threeway and drop down into Crystal Lake. This is also a great ski traverse to sourdough gap and Chinook Pass. Then back up and over for a great ski down into Silver Basin and back to the base of crystal. By the way, we will be spendind new years snow camping in that area so if you are interested do not hesitate to pm me .

I go hiking in that area quite a bit. But have never thought about the potential to ice climb it. There are also some cliffs on the west side of Upper Crystal Lake that might prove fruitful.

laugh.gif