Gib Ledges

CraigA

I'm looking to get a group together for a Gib Ledges attempt this winter. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Best time, route finding issues, approaches, length of time needed for climb, etc., etc.?

I have Gauthiers book so additional info is what I'm looking for. I know the book covers the route pretty well but are there any special considerations and/or experiences anyone has encountered that you feel relevant?

Thanks,

Craig

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig -

I've done it twice. It is a very easy route to the top of the mountain, perhaps the easiest route on the thing, and I am sure you already know that the winter is the best time for that one. Later in the winter is better than earlier, and wait for one of those ten-day clear spells so you don't have to worry about the weather. The route faces south, so it will set up relatively quickly after a new snow, but for best conditions you should probably try it no less than a week after any significant snowfall. You probably don't need to start at midnight, like you might for a summer climb, but be aware that if it is at all warm during the day, falling rocks will be pummeling the ledges after mid-morning.