• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chris

Local gear shop in Vancouver?

Hey, I only know of MEC. But there has got to be other gear shops. Any privately owned, core shops in Vancouver?

Not really. There's Valhalla Pure, but I wouldn't call them "core". The shops in Squamish or Whistler are the best bet if you want to patronize someplace other than the MEC.

yeah, mtnfreak that's pretty much it.

but Valhalla can be quite obliging on the service end, especially if you get Mike.

and if you're already in Squamish needing to pick something up, George at Climb-On may look you over & give a discount. i like that he's keen to talk up some good dirt, i mean rock.

i thought they converted their retail to rescue goods, for organized & industry. only thing i can think of getting there is a steel biner. that's it. although, they had me for a second with "dog harness" but that was just for tracking.

once i called in & asked if i was talking to pops or his son. the answer was, "no, it's the hairy bastard". yellaf.gif

Don't forget Coast *Mountain* Sports for all your hockey, tennis, and volleyball needs thumbs_up.gif

I'm gonna take my picks and screws into Coast and see if their skate sharpener can touch em up the_finger.gif

what about watching golf then? does that put one 6ft under?

ok, those golf remarks were more voluble than sincere. but i'll look forward to the game when i'm 70.