Nothing like the sound . . .

ams

. . . of developers in the morning.

I'm tired of waking up to tractors and chainsaws every morning, so does anybody have a place to rent along the I-90 corridor? House share, cabin, yurt, MIL, etc. I'm thinking Issaquah, Fall City, North Bend areas. If it's house share, I need space for a piano, office stuff, and several bookcases. Also dry outside storage for garden tools and supplies. Preferably N/S. And I have a dog, two cats, and loads of house plants.

I love it when Lebowski tries to convince the beat down brigade that he's not married because all his house plants are dead. yellaf.gif

Anyway PM me if you've got a place to rent.

Oh, and moderators, if there's a better place for this, feel free to move it!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time are they waking you up? There are usually city codes on when developers can start working. I had to complain to the city of portland about a deveoper that was making one hell of a lot of noise until late in the evening and then they would start up around 5:30 AM the next day. I think the code said they could work from 7 am to 6 pm in a residential area. The city was very responsive and followed up. I'm usually the last person to complain about something but this was a hell of a lot more noise than some saws and hammers.

Actually, my cat usually wakes me up by drooling all over my head. "The sun's up, come feed me." It's pretty gross. smirk.gif They start at 7, I just don't like the sounds of tree death every day.

I rent a really cool house on 5 pastoral acres, ringed by trees with a seasonal pond at the back end. I love hearing the birds and the frogs, and not being able to see my neighbors. But I know my landlord is planning on selling and developing this property in the next 1-2 years, and with the neighbors getting a jumpstart, I figured I would start looking now.

Mister Mo, you're right about the development, but I've sat in traffic on the 522 and SR-2 enough times that I'd rather stick to the I-90 areas. Sometimes Montana or Colorado sound really good. But I know there's a lot of protected land around the foothills, with communities tucked here and there, so ideally I'll find a place in one of those sooner than later.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Alicia

Ouch, I feel YOUR pain. $600k for a condo! No wonder I'm still renting. I tried living in Fremont once. I lasted about 3 months before being in the city all the time drove me nuts. It was nice being able to walk everywhere, though.

My evil thoughts are more as I'm going to sleep, such as, "it's dark now, what did they say to do in that Edward Abbey book?"

but I've sat in traffic on the 522 and SR-2 enough times that I'd rather stick to the I-90 areas.

No argument there. cry.gif

If I were looking out I90 way I'd start looking in or around Preston. Maybe it's illusory but Preston's alway seemed like a peaceful little burg.

Good luck

Insane. If I was an ex-hippie in Fremont that bought 20 years ago I'd negotiate a sale which included long-term lease-back provision with any "investor" willing to fork over 1 million for my 1500 square footer from the 1930's, and then invest the proceeds in a low-risk basket o' investments that would generate enough income to cover whatever rent the property could realistically fetch.

Keep living in the house, pocket gains from the crazy-ass sales price, and transfer the maintenance and spiraling tax liabilities, as well as the considerable downside risk to the "investor" in exchange for forfeiting whatever marginal inflation-adjusted upside still exists at this point.