Curved Hexes?

MountaingirlBC

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the curved WCs easier to place and seemingly more stable than older style straight hexes. When used in snowy or icy cracks they can be seated amazingly well with a few taps of a hammer. At times I'd like a bit less end-taper, but the radius of the primary surfaces is perfect. Their light weight is pretty nice! I'd recommend them.

You might also consider Lowe tricams.

GB

Edited by fishstick

I placed a few of the WC curved hexes today, and give 'em a big thumbs up. The dyneema slung ones are really light, gonna find a place on my alpine rack for sure, though Joseph Healy's testing of slightly aged dyneema slings makes me leery of just how long I'm going to let the factory slings stay on these puppies.

The top 4 size of the WC's are sweet. I always seem to find a good place for the yellow one (#7 ?) and the others (6, 8, and 9) almost always find their way onto my rack and end up being useful. The smaller sizes are good, but not quite a useful IMHO.