Yellow Jacket Tower Squabble

robotslave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, cuz that would involve LEARNING HOW TO CLIMB and not doing your catechisms! Silly boy...

Actually there is a part of the Climbing Course called the Mentor Program, where Climb Leaders organize extracurricular activities with a smaller group of students. These activities do include climbing in the gym or the crag and beer drinking, depending on who's running your mentor group. The mentor groups are optional and vary in intensity, but folks who really want to get dirty and learn a lot can benefit immensely from them.

damn gary, you're right. i'm going to go grab some lunch now. and this notebook just isn't going to update itsself. when i get back this afternoon, i expect to find you and rumr in the right forum. sheesh...bunch sensitive guys.

no, cuz that would involve LEARNING HOW TO CLIMB and not doing your catechisms! Silly boy...

Actually there is a part of the Climbing Course called the Mentor Program, where Climb Leaders organize extracurricular activities with a smaller group of students. These activities do include climbing in the gym or the crag and beer drinking, depending on who's running your mentor group. The mentor groups are optional and vary in intensity, but folks who really want to get dirty and learn a lot can benefit immensely from them.

ACtually, there used to be a line of condoms called "Mentor".

Are those still around?

Personally, I think the world would be a more interesting place if we all told Minx what to do. Not safer, just more entertaining.

hee! you just like it when i get my hackles up b/c CBS is an idiot yellaf.gif

I've noticed something. The bigger the gaper the more likely they are to be in conflict with the Mountaineers. Allison used to go at us all the time, because we were always hogging Roto Wall or some such. Rudy is just having his fun, but I can tell that Minx is quite perturbed. Zen Master Chuck are sitting there with his trademark wry grin. The laid back types seldom have problems with Mounties. It would take a bazooka to perturb mattp, who shucks off sleights like pulling on his lead rope.

yes CBS--full on gaper right here. i've readily proclaimed myself queen of the moderates today.

what's the matter CBS? is hard to argue with actual examples? don't like being contradicted or reality for that matter?

sure we're all approaching this with different temperaments. mine happens to be more fiery than matt's or chuck's. gaper...whatever...go gape yourself. i just didn't like the little shot you took at me and it got my ire up. fuckin wank

yes CBS--full on gaper right here. i've readily proclaimed myself queen of the moderates today.

what's the matter CBS? is hard to argue with actual examples? don't like being contradicted or reality for that matter?

sure we're all approaching this with different temperaments. mine happens to be more fiery than matt's or chuck's. gaper...whatever...go gape yourself. i just didn't like the little shot you took at me and it got my ire up. fuckin wank

that's the spirit!! boxing_smiley.gif

Personally, I think the world would be a more interesting place if we all told Minx what to do. Not safer, just more entertaining.

hee! you just like it when i get my hackles up b/c CBS is an idiot yellaf.gif

I've noticed something. The bigger the gaper the more likely they are to be in conflict with the Mountaineers. Allison used to go at us all the time, because we were always hogging Roto Wall or some such. Rudy is just having his fun, but I can tell that Minx is quite perturbed. Zen Master Chuck are sitting there with his trademark wry grin. The laid back types seldom have problems with Mounties. It would take a bazooka to perturb mattp, who shucks off sleights like pulling on his lead rope.

And for the oblivious? We just carry on and climb through.

A Rope Lead has passed the Basic Course (done a minimum of three climbs plus fieldtrips), passed a 2-day fieldtrip on gear placement, and passed a 1-day fieldtrip of leading multipitch trad. Rope Leads are encouraged to practice on their own before going with students, but it cannot be enforced.

Wait, so you can be a "rope leader" (to me, implicit in that is a significant level of experience and expertise) with 6, or maybe 8 days on rock EVER?

If that's true, it is ABSURD.

Edited by korup

You saw people who got in your way. Since they were in your way, you call them Mounties. I'm going to do the same the next time I have to wait for you.

You saw people who got in your way. Since they were in your way, you call them Mounties. I'm going to do the same the next time I have to wait for you.

CBS--please know what you're talking about before you type. i know they were mounties b/c i talked to them. i don't rashly attribute the behaviour b/c the group was slow.

i'm perfectly happy to sit behind a slow party. yes, i certainly have been the slow party before. i get annoyed when i get stuck behind a slow group of 8. sorry, just can't help myself.

i mentioned multiple items in my list not just one being stuck behind some slow people situation. get over it.

you're just pissed b/c you tried to sling an unwarranted insult at me and you got rebuked. go back to the lab and stfu mmkay? i'm annoyed enough with you for today. i'm going to go on with the rest of my life so i can get home early and train hard for my next assault on a good moderate 5.5 multi-pitch.