Harrison Peak Questions

spotly

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idaho Rock by Randall Green.

The regular route "South Face" is 3 pitches.

1. Start just left of the obvious weakness in the center of the face. Stretch the rope to whatever belay you can find.

2. Move right across the weakness to just below the obvious headwall. Belay at a bush. Approx 80 feet.

3. Go straight up. Gain right slanting ledges and lieback corners. Follow up and out to right. You will top out about 30 feet below summit on east skyline.

Keystone: From the top of the first lieback corner on the last pitch of the south face go straight up the obvious crack/weakness that heads directly to the summit. 90 feet. 5.9.

I doubt the road is melted out completely. Give it a couple weeks.

bigdrink.gif

The book is out of print and it's pretty hard to find a used copy. Unless you can find someone to let you copy the book, you're on your own. The regular route is the obvious weakness on the right side of the face. The gear is plentiful (normal rack mostly finger to hand size). Most of the climbing is in the 5.6 realm aside from one move at the lieback which is well protected. Walk off. As PU mentioned, it is probably too early to gain easy access to the climb.

The book is out of print and it's pretty hard to find a used copy. Unless you can find someone to let you copy the book, you're on your own.

You can stop at Outdoor Experience in downtown Sandpoint and leave your drivers license and walk two blocks to the UPS store and photocopy Randall's Book (I'm assuming they've cleared it with him, I should ask Martin)and the new route folder that has accumulated there over the years.

Also, new guidebook to North Idaho coming out soon by a guy named Thad.

Haven't been up the Pack this spring but I was just at 4200' on a heavily forested and shady road and other than a couple streams crossing the road, it was dry and mud free.

And bolder infested.

smile.gif