Icicle Canyon Bouldering Question

Dru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru - Believe it or not in a few years that diary will be fun to look at. I use to have one and came across it a while ago and had a blast reliving the past and wondering how I had so much time to climb.

I have the bouldering guide Ill let you know if no one else does first.

Are those V grades McKlane or Select guide? [big Grin]

PP

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

I have the bouldering guide Ill let you know if no one else does first.

Are those V grades McKlane or Select guide?
[big Grin]

PP

I think you mean Michaux or Select. [Razz] Actually I have done more bouldering in J Tree and Queen creek than in Squamish.

On Monday, after leading Meat Grinder, while the hordes of other Canadians around were lining up to TR it, I grabbed the crashmapazad and did a few boulder problems down by the road side below Alfalfabet Rox.

The boulder in question is about 8 feet high with a slab on the upstream side and a steeper face on the side facing Alfalfabet Rox. I did an easy slab problem on the slab (v0), an easier knob problem on the arete (vo-) and a harder face on sharp little crimpy edges on the Alfabet Rox side (v1?).

Not writing this to chestbeat but i am trying to write down the names & grades of all routes I climb this year so if anybody out there has the L'worth Bouldering guides out there and knows if these are named problems could you please Pm or post the names? Must have complete tick list [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes][laf]

Originally posted by Dru:

[QB]On Monday, after leading Meat Grinder, while the hordes of other Canadians around were lining up to TR it, I grabbed the crashmapazad and did a few boulder problems down by the road side below Alfalfabet Rox.

The boulder in question is about 8 feet high with a slab on the upstream side and a steeper face on the side facing Alfalfabet Rox. I did an easy slab problem on the slab (v0), an easier knob problem on the arete (vo-) and a harder face on sharp little crimpy edges on the Alfabet Rox side (v1?).

Drew-

I think this is called the Icehouse (guide says about 10M off the road just up from Alphabet Rock). Not sure if this is the right boulder, but here's what the Potts' guide says:

easy slab problem on the slab (v0)- Slab not rated

an easier knob problem on the arete (vo-) two routes on the arete both given V3

a harder face on sharp little crimpy edges on the Alfabet Rox side (v1?)- book gives it a V4

Doesn't sound right, but that's what I got.

Fred