Next years agenda

joel20

As of Jan. 29 2007 I will be a free man again and out of the army. Oh, free and collecting unemployment for the first time in my life. Any suggestions for what to start on? I was planning on starting with the 1-90 corridor and then making my way over to Canada a few days at a time. Mainly just for ice and backcountry snowboarding(I really need to learn how to ski at some point) until the weather warms up.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any experience with Abiel peak but I'd imagine from the trip reports that It would be possible to do quite quickly solo. Ice hardly ever spooks me as long as it's solid, but steep snice can really suck when I'm alone. All in all it seems like good idea and I like the name "Fuck You Uncle Sam". Thank you for giving me something to work towards, a real goal.

Really though, I just want to do it all because it's all bigger than me. If you see a red Ford Escape parked around there it's probably me. If you ask me to join you I'll probably say yes unless I think that your getting into something that's above my level. At the same time I don't believe that anything is beneath my level either.

I just think that place is such a good training ground throughout the year for more sports than just climbing. I'll have to find a camp ground just so that I can spend a few days at a time nearby.