• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Off_White

Olympia Climbing Wednesdays

I think we're looking good for today, June 15th. 30% chance of showers before 11am, but it's quite sunny now, so I expect we'll sail through and have a great afternoon.

How is it looking down at the Quarry Off? There is a light drizzle up here.

We've had a lot of rain in the last 12 hours and the stone is quite damp. If it turned warm and sunny from now until 4 we'd be fine, so that means there's no chance we're climbing here today. :(

There's a chance, but it all hinges on how the day delivers on it's promise of 50% chance of rain. I should have agitated for last night, but I was otherwise engaged.

No rain in Tenino yet today. Floater & Gloater are wet, but there's dry stuff on the crag. Hope it works out and I get to see ya'll.

I'm not too sure, it rained pretty good but its had some time to dry out. I'll bet its mostly dry with seeps up high on some routes. If I make it out I'll be late, I've got trusses to hang tomorrow. Found this little crag on sunday, looks too hard for ya Jibster.

mtlincoln_079.JPG

I haven't been over to check the wall yet, but I'm skeptical, we did get quite a bit of rain out here, including Monday morning. Offhand I'd guess it needs another day, but I'll confirm that.

hi,

moving to oly from seattle this week. interested in checking your crag out. where preytell is it?

-Nate J

If it doesn't rain it looks good for this afternoon. A lot of the usual suspects are in Las Vegas until tonight, so I don't know what the turnout will be like.

If we had parachutes and coulda got the door open we'd of made the last couple routes, we flew in over oly around 8. Seeya this week.

Should be great this week. Last time around we had a dozen folks, even with you stalwarts out of town, so it could be a busy season.

Out there today with Btustison, great times, no other folks and O_W's dogs kept us company.

Some seepage on the left side but right is pretty dry and nice.

Found a Rope in a BD rope bag and a green jacket on the older belay platform. Both were wet so we moved them to the O_W's carport in case anyone comes a looking.

Thanks again O_W, we will be back :)

pooch.jpg

Edited by chirp

Sign in to follow this