Boot driers on Thermoflexible liners?

Jens

I have some boot driers that plug in to a wall outlet that I throw in my ice boots on trips multi-day trips to Banff and such. They work great but get pretty warm. Should I use em' on thermoflexible liners for ski boots? Or will the heat ruin my custom molded fit? Ski boot liners seem to take forever to dry.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you one thing about the boot dryers and closed cell foam liners, they have the potential for stinking up your entire house very badly. Terrible, just terrible.

What temperature do you cook liners at? I don't think the boot dryer gets much above 100 degrees or so. Just a guess.

Do you really need boot dryers with thermo liners? Maybe its just me, but I find that very little sweat accumulates in my thermofits, and I recall reading (and its been my experience) that thermo liners do not soak up moisture at all. I would think if you are in a place with electricity, the room temp would be warm enough to dry them overnight.