North Buttress Colchuck

I was wondering if anyone had a recent photograph of the North Buttress of Colchuck. That rock climbing route looks pretty fun. Is it snow free yet?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It had it's fun parts last spring about this time,but it was a low snow year. Generally though I wasn't impressed. It's a wandering route, or maybe it was just me. We spent much time figuring out which way to go. Nice glissade on the way out though.

Hey Cave-dude, been awhile. Yeah Colchuck lake area was sweet. Our ascent of Colchuck wasn't the most challenging route, but a good first alpine climb for the season. Dragontail had me drooling. Serpentine Arete looks like an awesome climb, and Triple couloirs must be da bomb when it's in. can't wait to hit some of those sometime before the road closes.

Joe,

I thought you would like that spot. Make sure you get into Prusik Peak area too! no closures there. Beware of the Snafflehouds at Nada Lake!

Serpentine was fun. I would recommend Stuart N Ridge over it though.

Maybe we'll head out to do some more stuff. Rock Ninja Bruce is gone to Alaska to fly so no more punishment from him [Eek!] Heheh. But hey how can I get to do difficult routes once in a while if nobody like him exists [big Grin]

Also recommend watching the thread marked with Cascade River Road. Then go in there and climb something to your liking. Awesome spot too!