North Fork Snoqualmie

philfort

Does anyone know if this road gets plowed at all, or how far it is open right now?

I called Weyerhauser, and they were clueless about conditions, but kept telling me over and over about the $65 permit that is required to access this area (even though I, and others I know, have driven up there before without ever needing a permit).

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you call the North Bend ranger station. I'm sure they would know what's going on rolleyes.gif" border="0

Here's what's on their website, maybe this will help (road #57 by the way).

3/21/2002: The bridge at Bear Creek is unsafe and has been closed; park and walk two miles to the Lennox Creek trailhead. Snow.

yeah, thanks, I just found that too. But I'll bet you anything those are the conditions from last summer, updated 3/21/2002 with the word "Snow".

And I bet when I call the NB ranger station, some doofus will answer, and all he/she will know is "The bridge at Bear Creek is unsafe and has been closed; park and walk two miles to the Lennox Creek trailhead. Snow." rolleyes.gif" border="0

The road doesn't get plowed but there shouldn't be snow until you turn up the hill past the big bridge. From here it is around 3 miles to the bare mountain trail head and another 3 from there to Lennox creek. Last year it was around Mid april before you could drive to the Bare mountain trail head. The road up the N.Fork is very muddy with some big holes and although you drive through weyerhauser land you don't need a permit to get to these trail heads.