Mt. Snoqualmie/Slot Couloir

AlpineK

On our second try me and 2 friends skied the Slot Couloir today.

On our first try, last week, me and my secret agent buddy 009 got off route in the clouds and ended up skiing a couloir inbetween the notch in the west shoulder and the Slot.

Today, armed with first hand experience in the Thunder creek basin, 009, my friend C, and I skied up to the notch in the west shoulder and then boot packed up the south side of Snoqualmie to the summit and then to the top of the couloir. We dug a pit at the top and decided that the snow seemed stable. We then skied the couloir with one stop half way down on skiers right.

Given the hype on the Slot I was hoping for something steeper, but inspite of that we all had a good time skiing a excellent run inbetween huge cliffs. I would say this is one of the best slopes in the Snoqualmie pass area. smile.gif" border="0

Skiing down the south side of Snoqualmie was interesting. 2 inches of pow on a breakable crust at the top then the crust got thicker and the skiing was good for a ways then down low the skiing was a clasic Snoqualmie Pass suck fest.

Kurt Fickeisen

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic