Ice on lower N. Face of Bear Mt.??

Bronco

While driving the Index - Galena Rd about 1 mile west of Garland Mineral springs there is a long, 2 tiered waterfall (maybe 400') that drains into the N. Fork of the Skykomish River on the South side of the river. It faces the north and the bottom elevation is somewhere around 1500'. I know this sucker must have frozen up at some point in time and wanted to fish for some beta particularily on the best approach other than swiming the Skykomish grin.gif" border="0

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bronco, i have some pictures of the falls you are talking about taken in october or november of last year, there not very good quality and only the top 100 ft of the upper curtain is frozen but id be glad to e-mail them to you when i get a usb cable for my scanner.

dgbsstt: I'd greatly appreciate it. You can send them too me at: rpmcousa@aol.com

mattp: the road is gated just after it crosses from the South to the North side of the N. Fork of the Skykomish which is 6 or 7 miles from the Blanca Lake Trailhead if that helps. It also looks like you could beat brush and follow the Troublesome Creek drainiage to Blanka, but, bring your chainsaw. rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:
Have you been up that road recently? I've been wondering if that might provide access to Keyes Peak for a mid-winter ski trip.

matt, do you look at keyes as a day trip or overnight??? have been thinking about same thing