mountainproject.com- big online guidebook for west

griz

Just a heads up to everyone...

climbingboulder.com and it's network of sister sites covering allot of the west (but not the PNW yet) recently combined into one great,big online guidebook/resource. It's new and they are hammering out glitches but if you are traveling to climb areas outside the PNW then give it a look.

The depth is staggering now. the guidebooks are under "destinations".

http://www.mountainproject.com/

Plus,colorado actually has a forum now! I'm not a homeless spray waif anymore... the_finger.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was shocked yesterday when I went to check out ClimbingBoulder for some Clear Creek Canyon beta for a planned day o cragging on Sunday and saw in big shiny letters "Mountain Project". After spending time on it, the beta is the same but it seems much, much cleaner and more streamlined.

Two thumbs up guys.

I've submitted a bit to climbingredrocks.com...and I have to say that the new format lacks soul. The design of the old page, the way it looked and the rough edges gave it character. The new thing looks very professional and as such lacks that special something that made it an enjoyable site prior to the revamping...

Jason

I gotta give these guys props for getting this going, I know all too well how much work it takes to run a site. That climbingboulder site almost went down, which was too bad because Mike (who is originally from here) put a lot of time into developing their system that was used on all those sites.