Any Grivel G-10 Owners?

Jens

If anyone else owns the G-10 crampon (non step in) how are you strapping them in? I've noticed that grivel and many pictures of climbers are strapping them different than the manual showed 8 years ago when I bought my pair. I've used em' a ton (Probably put in in 80 + days on em' )and never had em' come off but I wonder why the switch in how people are strapping them? I first noticed it on an REI sale flier about 6 months ago on one of the models and just laughed but then, I started seeing it everywhere. (guides, shops, etc.)

Any thoughts anyone?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used these a ton for the past 6 years and I always have just run the strap through the toe, back to the other side, over my foot and through the rings. pretty much how it looks here: 2.jpg

how is what you've seen different Jens?

Jens, I'd be very interested in seeing a pic of how you strap yours in. I bought mine second hand and have strapped in the way Dave described. I did fall out once a couple years ago, and that scared the crap out of me. If there's a more secure way, I'm all ears.