Looking for Ice Climbing Partner

Jeepenfool95

Hello All, I'm in the portland area and I'd love to hit the gorge Ice, iether Sunday, MOnday, or Wednseday. I have my own gear, including 14 ice screws. I'm an intermidiate climber, I can lead WI3, probably WI4 if I had to. My who was very experienced said I was a natural. Looking for someone experienced to climb with this weekend and the rest of the season. I'd really like to go out to New Hampshire and climb aorund Mt. Washington again too.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David, Chad, I got hit by the bug last night While I was sleeping, So I will be sleeping tomorrow in the AM to try and shake this thing. However Wednseday may be doable, I just found out last night that I'm supposed ot be wathcing my girlfriends kids this week, so I have to figure out how to get rid of them to climb on Wednseday. I also have a Jeep, a great big wrangler, that likes to eat trail.

Ok, man, get better; seems like everyone, including myself, has gotten, or is getting that bug.

If anyone decides to get out Sunday a.m. (6-ish?) let me know, 503 679 1187. If I don't get called out to work all night long, I'd like to go throw around the tools before it goes away. The only thing I'd need a partner to bring along is their own tools, and a second half rope (I only have one 8.5mm). I have a 9.8 rope that I can use for TRing stuff. A few more medium screws might be helpful.

Chad

Chad, Dave,

Yeah, I know what you mean half the folks here at work are coughing and hacking, Aaaaaackk!!! we all have bird flu.

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll feel better soon, I really wanted to go and climb tomorrow, but if I have to wait till wednsday I can, I think the temps will hold for a few more days.

Plus, I've been looking for new Ice partners, since my buddy who "pardon the pun" showed me the ropes, past away this last summer. He was a tough old goat, but he wasn't tougher than a heart attack. Anyway, he took me back east once, and the ice out there was phenominal. Hope to go back one of these days.

I have yet to climb in the gorge, where do you usually go when the Ice is in? I have a portland climbing guide, but it is vague at best.

Yikes - bird flu!! Best of luck, i hear you grow wings and a beak after 72 hours, and then your bone marrow starts to leak out of your ears and before you know it you're calling your significant other Snuffalupagus. Not the way i want to go, man.

I don't know my way around the gorge, but i sure did see lots of ice to climb up there yesterday. I'm sure we could find something do do on Wednesday - but i won't climb with you if you need to lay an egg while belaying.

david