Conditions in Lillooet

DanL

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats that thing next to the plumb? I dont have a guide book with me. Anyone know if thats in?

that's Politically Correct Valentine, and it has been climbed already this season. i don't think the Plum has been completed to the top, but the bottom tiers have had at least a cpl parties.

the Rambles are apparently in fun shape. Synchronicity has been done a few times. there is apparently lots of ice on the left side of the lower tier at Marble Canyon, but much running water further right.

i was up on the Duffey on Tuesday (climbed and TR'ed the Tube), and i'd have to say that while there is decent ice around, the whole area felt a bit "lean" and/or "dry" to me. the main drainages were OK, but there was virtually no ice on any of the lesser weeps. we'll see how that plays out as the season develops.

cheers, don

was up on the rambles left (lower tier) and on the rambles center's lower and upper tiers on dec.18-20. both areas were good, but the rambles center did have water coming down in some parts of both tiers. took a quick peek at honeyman falls and while there's a lot of ice, it looked thin in places and pretty wet. the other route near honeyman (can't remember name) was fun, but thin in spots. too bad it got so warm suddenly! it was -15 at the rambles on sunday, and then -3 by monday.