ephedra is bad for you

archenemy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ephedra is OK for you. People I know, and myself have used the stuff for years. Some in the morning, some in the noontime, some before evening workout. And of course some before climbing. We uped the doses as time went on because you will build a tolerance. My main climbing partner has taken soo much at one sitting that he's puked from it, but not died. If I remember correctly there were less than 200 deaths related to ephedra, and these folks were super overweight, had heart or organ problems/complications, or lived on the stuff. And it was only like 200 deaths which is nothing compared to the population that used the herb with no problems.

What we learned:

Great for training and workouts. Tons of energy for an excellent session.

After using it so much, getting off of it will be the worst, and least energetic week of your life. It sucks.

It will suppress appetite and keep the weight off.

Like Caffeine but clear, w/o jitters once you are used to it.

Gets you too wound up for some types of climging. Bad for technical, good for thuggy.

Makes you piss a lot.

Can cause insomnia, but learning how to take it will fix this.

It's not bad for you but maybe it's not good for you either. Even Steven

It was -2F this morning (I ended up gettting all excited about taking ephedra last night and over did it a bit so I never did get to bed. Not only did I wash my car and shovel all the snow out of my yard, I ended up mowing the lawn as well). Nice dry, crisp temps for sending the proverbial, "Ultra desperate". Just won't be able to breathe is so F-ing cold.