Too good to pass up...

Stonehead

I've got Good News and I've got Bad News.

Recently, the government of Florida managed to pull together to pass HB 0249, a law now commonly known as the "Stand Your Ground" law. This law provides for the following:

"A person, not engaged in an unlawful activity, who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so, to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself, herself, or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

So, finally, this Christmas, when we all leave our trailer parks and go to line up outside Walmart to score those cheap 40" TVs, and there is a riot when they finally open the doors, I can light you up like 2Pac when you get in my face.

Now, on to the bad news. .

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuro5hin.org is a collaborative site about technology and culture, both separately and in their interactions.

Kuro5hin.org is a community of people who like to think. This is a site for people who want to discuss the world they live in. It's a site for people who are on the ground in the modern world, and who sometimes look around and wonder what they have wrought.

It's also a site for people who need a laugh now and then.

Kuro5hin relies on its readers -- it exists for you and through you. This site has an open submission queue. Any user can submit and vote on stories. If you want to see something posted, you can make it happen by participating in the moderation of the stories in the submission queue.

Garbage will not be tolerated. Others can and will rate your posts into oblivion. Mojo is our system designed to facilitate this community filtering. We have no intention of trying to stifle anyone's free expression and legitimate arguments (no matter how much we might personally dislike them). We hope most of you agree that this is the only way to keep a site usable and worthwhile, and that (as Bruce Perens put it) what we need is more "Freedom" and less "FreeDumb."

http://www.kuro5hin.org/special/mission