Only in California...

ChrisT

It's from all those damn fruit quarantines.

Fruit Patrol: "Got any fruit in there?"

Me (driving truck w/canopy stuffed with things): "No"

Fruit Patrol: "Carry on"

No shit. When I went through, the guy only cared about the fruit. The open bottle of Crown between my legs seemed to be A-OK! hahaha.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I went through I got a friendly wave, wave.gif didn't even have to stop. The one guy at the station had pulled a chair out into the sun and was just sitting there waving people through. On the way back, the station was closed. I want that job. cool.gif

This was on Highway 199 south of Grants Pass.

Last time I went through I got a friendly wave, wave.gif didn't even have to stop. The one guy at the station had pulled a chair out into the sun and was just sitting there waving people through. On the way back, the station was closed. I want that job. cool.gif

This was on Highway 199 south of Grants Pass.

Sounds like it might be available...

The one paragraph explanation:

It appears that amino acids, especially asparagine, reacts with glucose in the starch under high heat to product acrylamide, which is in turn metabolized by the body to glycidamide. Glycidamide reacts with DNA causing mutations, which lead to rumors.

I heard this was true...

A proposed warning on french fries:

"This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer."

When checking out of a hotel in the outskirts of San Diego recently, I spied a little tiny sign that said something to the effect of...

"This facility uses products that contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer."

I pointed to the sign and asked the desk jockey which products the sign was referring to. He responded "pretty much all of them." Pondering the idiocy of the sign, I replied, "So... I guess the sign just keeps me from suing you if I develop cancer, eh?" Without looking up from him paperwork, he just said "Yuuuuuuuuup" and handed me my receipt.

Yesiree... that whole warning thing is doing loads of good.

On a separate but still topical note - did you hear a while back about the process someone had developed to spray messages on Pringles? The thought was that they were going to start selling ad space on Pringles. No... I'm not shittin' you. Anyway... with this process, I suppose actually labelling each individual chip with the "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE" warning isn't too far off.

-kurt