Slesse NE Buttress

lunger

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a glacier. Conditions are snowy and or icy on glacier. Don't hang out underneath it very long unless you want to shorten your life span. Little bit bigger glacier than one on Toof. Watch out for falling ice [Wazzup] it's a pretty short exposure time if you try to walk underneath it... I don't expect you'll get a report worthy of much beta. It's just one of those things you have to go see for yourself. Other than looking to see if it has slid off in entirety which in that case would not be expected this early in the season. Bring some aluminum crampooons and lightweight axes [Wink]

[ 06-22-2002, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

I crossed the glacier in Boulders (roller skates), a sharp rock I found, and a nut tool. I'm glad I did that, but I never want to do it again! If I had instep crampons, I would've brought those too. Use the propeller cairn to fly off the top.

Take a parapente for a quick descent, or have a 'climbing slave' bring it up the standard route and meet you on top.

The pocket death glacier doesnt usually slide off until August sometime if it does, although it has been known to go in July. It was still there recently.