Phone Calls From the Dead Variation Question

flashclimber

Anyone know why the Phone Calls From the Dead Variation (Index - Heart of Country Area - to the Right of the start) was never finished? Cummins listed that 2 bolt holes were drilled but never filled. DC listed the Variation as a TR that was done by three people. Im curious why no one ever put the 2 bolts in: a Mixed route to the left and a sport route to the right (on knobs).

Oh Yeah...what would you guys think if I added the 2 bolts to finish the variation? Do I get a FA if I do, and lead it? the_finger.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe CC put it in his guide page 32 route #280 "Pr R start to Phone Calls, 2 bolt holes drilled." I also remember 2 holes listed on the topo. Anyways....DC I also remember your name being on the FA for the Variation TR. Any reason it was never finished as a Full on Mixed/Bolted route? And what do you think about updating the bolts and adding the 2 bolts to the route? Ill check the route out on Thurs...Last time I checked (couple years ago) the bolts were 1/4". Anyone know if they have been updated?

I'll be interested to hear how easily you can find the old holes. Last time I went out looking for a hole that had been left empty, it was quite hard to find even though I knew within three feet where it had been placed! (That was on less steep rock, though. Maybe holes on "phone calls" do not fill in with lichen and dirt as readily 'caus it is kind of steep there.)