Accident on Tuolumne Peak

Couloir

I don't think Chris McCandless, this Toulumne Peak accident guy, or Aaron Ralston are "dumbasses", but your Minnesota friend certainly sounds like one.

I don't really know if any of them are "dumbasses". Ralston really sounded like he often would go looking for it though. Sure stupid and bad stuff happens. If you go hang it out, sometimes the unexpected happens. The further out you go - the higher the risk. So maybe many of the rest of us have luck and avoid the bad sh*t.

I guess it could be easily avoided by staying on the internet critiquing others rather than actually going out and doing it.

Thanks for sharing Dan.

Warm regards:

Bill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Chris McCandless, this Toulumne Peak accident guy, or Aaron Ralston are "dumbasses",

you must be a dumbass too then.

McCandless could have glanced at a map before leaving and known about the bridge a few miles downstream and survived. instead he died horribly and needlessly.

McCandless went out in search of real adventure and he found that it was a bit more than he could handle, but his bravery and vision make us weekend warriors with our handfuls of maps, route descriptions, packs full of the latest lightweight space-age fiber gadgetry, and GPSs look like a bunch of poseur pedestrians. For you to call him a "dumbass" (and by extension me rolleyes.gif) merely shows the narrowness of your own mind.

Fuck off.

McCandless went out in search of real adventure and he found that it was a bit more than he could handle, but his bravery and vision make us weekend warriors with our handfuls of maps, route descriptions, packs full of the latest lightweight space-age fiber gadgetry, and GPSs look like a bunch of poseur pedestrians. For you to call him a "dumbass" (and by extension me rolleyes.gif) merely shows the narrowness of your own mind.

Fuck off.

i rest my case.